When I approached this painting for session 3, I was fairly certain that it would be my last. My goals were:
* add the necklace
* add hard edges to restate my chosen rhythm around the canvas; and, if necessary, soften others
* adjust the color temperature where necessary; i.e. warming sleeve-tops of the coat. I will admit, that I like pushing the envelope a bit away from reality and towards more exciting.
* add highlights....for this, I used a cooled-down white using just a smudge of phthalo turquoise which is in the background and part of my original limited palette
* MOST IMPORTANTLY, I tried to avoid re-stroking areas with which I was pleased. It serves no intent at all. I can live with slight errors in draftspersonship more than ill-painted passages. That is my priority.
I am satisfied.