Search This Blog

Monday, April 21, 2008

Drawing

Tired Official...a sketch
Drawing is my greatest pleasure! I keep a small sketchbook and a variety of pencils with me at all times.....Not only does it help to pass the time in some situations, it also helps me to feel a part of whatever I am witnessing. It helps me to understand the world that I live in. All of my sons have been awesome runners, so we (my husband and me) have been to countless races and meets throughout the years. My sketchbook is like a diary of those wonderful memories. "Tired Official" is one of those sketches. It documents, I think, the life of an older man whose running days are long past and has continued his legacy by being a timekeeper. He is now tired. I recall making the sketch and empathizing with him.

No comments: