Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Under the Weather...

Under the Weather...a sketch
From time to time we all get hit with the flu bug.  Unanticipated down time.  Low Energy......inability to work on paintings.  What could be worse?  That is where I have been for the past few days.  When others in my household have been ill, or even taken to afternoon naps or sleeping in, I have regarded the circumstance as the most wonderful  way to sketch an inert model.  Sketching people while sleeping is somewhat invasive but it gives us a completely different view of the human head as it twists and melds into a pillow.  I have surprised more than one family member when their eyes open to face the morning....oh well.  When my boys were smaller, I used to pay them to sit still while watching television.  This sleeping/sick scenario offers complete relaxation for all.  I can't wait to get back to work.

No comments: