|Bit of Orange watercolor 8.25 x 6.5|
* our papers were divided horizontally into three equal zones, either horizontal or vertical format for the paper
* the orange was to be located in the central zone to the left, to the right, mid center, all of the artist's choosing
* half of the artists were to put hard edges on the top of the orange, shifting attention to the top of the work
* half of the artists were to put hard edges on the bottom of the orange, shifting attention to the bottom
* we were to use a limited palette, using only one blue. we were to create a neutral background using that blue, with an orange.
Wow, we ended up with an amazing variety of wonderful works. I had hoped to show some here, and perhaps will be able to next week. I photographed them all only to realize that my significant other, a photographer, had removed the camera card from my camera. No images. ergh....................."Bit of Orange" is my solution. My hard edges are, of course, at the bottom. The painting was cropped to support the interest toward the bottom third of the paper.