is one of those humorous lists that artists pass on or e-mail to each other. This list was shared by Tom Auld and is worth further sharing. There is no credit line.
1. Constantly compare yourself to other artists.
2. Talk to your family about what you do and expect them to cheer you on.
3. Base the success of your entire career on one project.
4. Stick with what you know.
5. Undervalue your expertise.
6. Let money dictate what you do.
7. Bow to societal pressures.
8. Only do work that your family would love.
9. Do whatever the client/customer/gallery owner/patron/investor asks.
10.Set unachievable/overwhelming goals. To be accomplished by tomorrow.
Subtitle: What Not to Do. See yourself in any of the above?