|Coke can sketch|
* drawing things within transparent packaging or glass, and the resultant distortions
* considering 2 point perspective and the importance of eye level
* the importance of drawing what we see versus what we "think" we see....a carryover from our L-brained " 6-year-old way of knowing" which is often in error
* holding off on the drawing of detail in order to first consider larger forms
* how to best represent various materials and their inherent qualities: cloth (light vs. heavy); straw, plastic, iron, glass, cotton, etc.
* gestures...even toothbrushes have them
* forms spiraling and forms symmetrical
* line versus mass
* surface variation and texture
* and ellipses, ellipses, ellipses
The small slide show features the three favorite drawings by each artist. I think we did a wonderful job!