Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Big Snow...painting scenes from the neighborhood

Big Snow   Watercolor   20.5 x 13.5
Home is full of soul.  Home is visceral...you feel "home" in your gut.  In order to establish a commitment to any artwork, I must feel an emotional connection.  After all, an artist spends countless hours, as well as blood, sweat and tears, bringing the work to a grand finale.  I am not one who can just plop myself in front of a scene and work away.  It has been known to happen, but it is rare.  This barn scene, done after a huge snow storm, is a scene less than a mile from my home, and one that I pass every time I go anywhere at all.  It is not pristine.  I did remove the road from in front of the scene, but the dirty snow is there.   It is real. It is viewed from the shopping plaza across the street.   I kept the "sparkling whites" toward the rooftop of the barn....it seems an ascension to me.  Just as I felt it in my gut.

No comments: