This painting took months and months to complete....I just couldn't be satisfied. The split rail fence behind the horses was in...then out....then in in parts....then out again. Likewise with the detail and full rendering of the horizontal horse. All that detail was just too much for me and took away the power of the image. This represents a final (yeah, sure) effort at pleasing my aesthetics. The horizontal horse has become a two-dimensional shape. The white horse carries enough detail for my liking. The dark violet horizontal band carries some semblance of a fence. The swishing tails were just too easy to over-render.....so I gave them supporting roles only. I am not sure this is what I intended....but this is where I ended up. I am liking it more all the time.