Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Monumental

conte crayon on paper...36 x 22 Giving birth to a child is a most monumental life-changing experience one can have. It was for me, over 40 years ago....and it was, for sure, a most wished-and-wanted-for event. Some things never change. For our three sons and three amazing daughters-in-law, it is even more so...given the careers of the parents, and the challenges that they face on the work front, along with those faced at home. I believe that they want what I wanted....to raise children in a happy and safe environment as well as to meet their own personal goals. Definitely monumental. The standing pose of the most recent birth experience emphasizes this notion of monumental. The drawing is a simple one done in conte crayon on paper. I was in awe during the making of it. And I am in awe of their efforts, so much larger than my own.

No comments: