Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Trickles

Trickles   oil/canvas   30 x 24x 1.5

My partner grew up in the East.  His childhood vacations were taken to the Jersey shore.  At the beginning of our marriage, we, too, vacationed in Jersey...it was all so exciting with the mix of ocean, sand, sun and the boardwalk with its carnival atmosphere, aimed at entertaining the little ones with shiny toys of all kinds.  As our family grew, our vacations moved to North Carolina where the sand was whiter, the ocean warmer and cleaner and the environment less populous.  The bottom line:  we were a beach family.  


This painting was referenced from a small square black and white photograph.  This is my mother-in-law, E, and my husband, also E.  I painted this for my partner's 75th birthday.  The work was done on top of a less successful highly textured painting  which provided just the right amount of challenge and chaos for me.  It happened easily and I am so very happy.

Trickles of the tide.  Trickles of water between rocks.  Trickles of memory.

No comments: